Friday 18 October 2013

American comedians say they will thrill Nigerians at Glo Laffta Fest

Tony Roberts
Popular American comedians, Tony Roberts and Deeray Davies, have promised Glo subscribers who will attend today’s Glo Laffta Fest show an exciting evening of fun and laughter.

The comedians who arrived in Lagos on Thursday evening for the biggest comedy show tagged Invasion L.O.L. said they would give the audience a different kind of comedy from what they were used to.

Globacom
Asked by reporters what Nigerians should expect from him, Roberts who had a big smile plastered on his face declared, “Non-stop comedy. I'm very unpredictable, so I don’t know what I'm going to say. If you're in front of me, I might talk about you. I don't want to offend anybody, but you never know. You've got the best right here with you!”

Roberts continued, “Every country we go to, we do our research. We try to read the mindset of the people, because what's funny to people back in the United States might not appeal to the audience here, so we just have to get ready, and make sure we operate on the same wavelength as the people here.”

On his part, Davies said, "I just want to have a good time and bring my own brand of comedy to a whole new place. Many may have watched me on TV, but they’ve never seen me perform live. It's going to be spectacular. It's going to be a different vibe coming from me on that stage. I just want to create a stress-free environment and make the audience have a good time.”

Anxious to work with some of Nigeria’s biggest comedy talents, Davies stated, “I want to see more so I can take in the culture, and learn as much about their comedy as I possibly can. I don’t want this to be my last trip; I want Nigerians to be so used to me that they’ll keep having me over, and not just for big events alone.

The duo will be performing with some of Nigeria’s biggest stars including Alli Baba, Basketmouth, Okey Bakassi, Julius Agwu and Gordons.

On their expectations on working with their Nigerian counterparts, Roberts said, “Actually, it's weird because they're more used to this environment than we are. They know the local stuff, so they can say things that we don't know about. They have the upper hand on us, but all the same, we're super funny, and you're going to find out! We're going to get along with them and work as a team.”
The show which is packaged by national operator, Globacom, is scheduled for 6.00 p.m., Saturday, October 19th, at Eko Hotels, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Gordons
Alli Baba
Basketmouth
Okey Bakassi
Julius Agwu

No comments:

Post a Comment