Sunday 6 October 2013

'I thought my son would succeed me" - Olu Falae

Olu FalaeOlu Falae
Chief Olu Falae lost his son, Deji Falae, on Thursday 3rd October in the Associated Airline plane which crashed shortly after take-off. The former Secretary to the Federal Government said he lost a political successor in his son. Deji, who was the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in Ondo State, led the state government’s delegation to accompany the corpse of  former Ondo State governor, Chief Olusegun Agagu from Lagos to Akure, for the a state burial.

Falae, who was still grieving over the loss, told the visiting Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, that he had reached the peak of his political sojourn.

“I was looking forward to seeing Deji take over from me, because I have reached the peak of my being in politics. I will miss him so much,” he said.

Tambuwal had visited the home of the chieftain to commiserate with him and his family over the Thursday plane crash. Tambuwal said Deji was his friend and had sent useful text messages to him on how to move the country forward, four days before the unfortunate incident. (Punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment