Sunday 7 April 2013

Madonna dissed by the President of Malawi for sending a mispelled letter

 
Madonna has become embroiled in a war of words with the President of Malawi after she sent her a tatty, misspelled letter.
President Joyce Banda has accused the superstar of going back on her promises and 'insulting the people' after receiving the letter, which kindly praised the leader but was riddled with mistakes.
The 54-year-old pop star asked to meet Banda - who was elected to office in April 2012 - during her visit, but was met with hostility and accusations.

But the Borderline star managed to make a number of errors, including misspelling 'responsability' for 'responsibility' and 'whish' for 'wish.' See the letter when you click...
Madonna, who has spent the week in the country to visit the schools she's funded through charity Raising Malawi, wrote in the rambling letter:
'I have always admired your strength and courage and have very good memories of when we met and spoke and we interviewed you for documentary as you know I am in Malawi for the week.'
'If you have any time in your busy schedule to meet that would be great if not you know I am here to be of service and continue to do what I can to support the children of Malawi!' she continued.
But instead of taking her up on her offer, President Banda has slammed the star for not living up to her word.
She has accused the pop-singer and her charity Raising Malawi of 'insulting the people' by building 10 schools without getting government consent.
But Madonna hit back in a video for The Telegraph, saying: 'I want to say that my reasons for being here have never changed. I'm here because I care deeply about the children of Malawi. That is my main priority.'


Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment