Tuesday 31 May 2016

'Goodluck Jonathan's phone call to concede defeat left me in shock' - Pres. Buhari says

Yesterday, President Buhari revealed that the call from former President Jonathan conceding defeat before INEC announced the results of the 2015 Presidential election, left him in shock. Buhari disclosed this while speaking at the luncheon he organized for state house correspondents at the presidential villa yesterday May 30th.


"This is where I pay my respect to former President Goodluck Jonathan. This is actually a privileged information for you (journalists). He called me at a quarter past five in the evening. He said ‘Good evening your excellency’, and I said “Good evening your excellency’. He said I have called to congratulate you that I have conceded defeat. Of course there was dead silence on my end because I did not expect it. I was shocked. I did not expect it because after 16 years in government, the man was a deputy governor, a governor, a Vice-President and was President for six years. For him to have conceded defeat even before the result was announced by INEC, I think that was quite generous and gracious of him.”he said

No comments:

Post a Comment