Monday 17 October 2016

My daughter was pregnant when she was abducted says father of freed chibok girl who came back with baby

It was a scene that brought out tears of joy in the eyes of all present as the 21 Chibok schoolgirls who were released by Boko Haram terrorists reunited with their families and loved ones on Sunday, October 16 during a thanksgiving church service held at the health facility of the Department of State Services, DSS in Abuja.

It was the first meeting after two and half years of captivity. The excited girls ran, crying to parents who were equally so excited to see them.

The father of Deborah Jafau, the only girl who returned with a child explained how she was captured.

"Unlike the others, Deborah had already finished her secondary school; she did not make her papers and returned to rewrite her WASCE when she was taken. She just got married two weeks before returning for her papers and they took her, her husband has remarried now. They abducted her with pregnancy and she had my grandchild there but I’m just grateful to God and the government for returning my daughter and grandchild to me safely. Words cannot describe how I feel at the moment."