Monday 24 October 2016

Photos & video: Actor Leo Mezie speaks from hospital bed in London, thanks Nollywood and Nigerians

Exactly four months ago, word got out that the good-looking Nollywood actor, Leo Mezie, was down with kidney related disease. The news of his ailment was broken barely a month after popular music producer, OJB Jezreel, passed on. The latter died three years after he underwent a kidney transplant.

Leo shared his account details and welcomed contributions towards treating his ailment and his colleagues rallied round to raise the N10 million he needed to undergo a kidney transplant. But they were only able to raise N1.2m one month, a far cry for the total sum required.


Thankfully, over time good-spirited individuals who include his fans and colleagues have been able to raise the much-needed funds for the actor who became popular after his role in the 2003 movie, Labista.

Armed with the adequate funds, Leo is currently in a London hospital receiving treatment.  Speaking from his sick bed in London, Leo thanked all those who provided financial assistance to make it possible for him to go to London. He said:
Hello people, this is your boy Leo Mezie, I want to use this medium to say thank you for your support, financially, thank you players, I just want to let you know that everything got across to me. I want to also thank in a special way; my president, Igbinagbo, Chioma Okoye my sister, Kele Akara my wonderful friend and brother, I want to thank Chijiro, I want to thank Ifoma Okereke, these are the team that swore me to action immediately the news got broken. I thank you guys, I thank you all, and I pray God to bless you in a million fold. I’m sorry this came a bit late, it is just that I have been unstable, but I am now stronger and better…”

Watch video below...