Wednesday 18 January 2017

Former Man United coach, Louis van Gaal backtracks on retirement plans

Former Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Netherlands coach, Louis van Gaal has denied reports that he retired (read here) following a recent interview.

Van Gaal in an interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Tuesday, suggested, following his son in-law's death he could retire from management after a successful 26 year career, coaching the world's biggest clubs.

"I thought it would be a sabbatical, but now I do not think I will return." He said .

But when asked by Spanish radio station El Larguero on Wednesday, if he had really retired , he said:
"No. I am going to take a sabbatical year and then maybe. I will decide yes or no. It is not definitive. Maybe I retire. But in this moment, I do not know. It is not the moment to decide.
"For personal reasons I have taken a sabbatical year and after that I will decide. Depending also on the offers, it will be my decision to return or not."
'I received an offer from Valencia, but in this moment I said no," Van Gaal added.  Next year could be different, depending on how I feel."
When asked the particular period he received the Valencia offer, he said:

     "I don't know. Maybe a month ago or a few weeks ago. It could have been a nice project."

No comments:

Post a Comment